Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

We're Still A-OK

We had another check-up today, and the baby and I are fine.  My blood pressure was a little higher this month (139/81), but it's supposed to go up a little in the 7th month.  I gained about 5 pounds in three weeks.  The half of a 9x9" cinnamon coffee cake I ate yesterday probably didn't help. :)  By the way the Krusteaz brand cinnamon coffee cake mix is AWESOME!  It only takes 1 egg and 2/3 cups water and no electric mixer.  Even before I got pregnant I had cinnamon cravings that were difficult to satisfy.  This will satisfy.  I got the mix at Big Lots, but I've seen the brand at Walmart.  I'm going to get more coffee cake mix at Big Lots and try another Krusteaz mix from Walmart, probably the pecan pie bars.  Yum!  The coffee cake was not made because of a cinnamon craving.  So far, I have had fewer cravings than I did before I was pregnant.  It makes it easier to follow my weekly meal plans and to eat leftovers when I'm not battling powerful cravings.  Pregnancy has it's benefits.

The nurse had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat, and she had to leave to assist the doctor in another room in the middle of searching for the heartbeat.  I was pretty sure the baby was OK.  He had kicked me a time or two in the waiting room.  When she did eventually find him, his heartbeat was a strong 160 beats per minute and my belly was sore from having the little "doppler" wand jabbed into it so hard for so long.  The doctor also mashed on my belly to find the baby and judge his size.  Dr. Reynolds says the baby is head down with his back facing my right side.  Dr. Reynolds asked how much I weighed when I was born.  When I told him 6 lbs., 12 oz., he told me my boy would be heavier than I was.  I asked for an estimate.  He said 7-7.5 pounds, not too big, no reason to worry.  We'll see.

I asked about how long I'll be allowed to travel.  Grandpa Tanner is not well, and I want to know when I can visit.  The doctor said I can take long car trips until week 36 (mid-March).  We've planned a trip to Missouri for late February, one last chance to see family (including new nephew Aiden) before I'm confined.  Matt is reading at a conference in Louisville February 20, so we're going to spend that weekend exploring Louisville.  I'm hoping to hit a few second-hand children's goods stores, and Matt's interested in used book stores.  It will be good to get away together.

My next appointment is in about 2 1/2 weeks, and I'm schedule to have another ultrasound.  Maybe baby Oliver will look less like an alien this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment