Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Month 8: So Far, So Good

Valentine's Day is the beginning of week 32.  One more month and Neil won't be a preemie.  Two more months and he'll be here.  I'm not sure how to count months in pregnancy because the doctors deals with weeks, so I've decided to claim 8 months.  At 32 weeks, I've technically completed 8 months.  Or if you consider pregnancy to last 9 months because you're not actually pregnant for all of the first month, I'm beginning the 8th month.  Either way I feel a sense of achievement.  It's the kind of achievement you feel on your birthday.  You didn't actually do anything more than continue to live, but it feels good.  Maybe I should make myself an 8th month cake to celebrate.  I have a spice cake mix and a jar of cream cheese icing.  If I feel ambitious and clean the kitchen first, I may get out my food coloring and decorating tips and try piping the icing to make the cake pretty.  I'll take a picture to share if I actually carry out my ambitious and unnecessary plan.  Speaking of pictures, in about two weeks we have another doctor's appointment and ultrasound.  It will be nice to get another look at him and see if he's outgrown his alien phase like he outgrew his turtle phase.  We can only hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment