Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

And His Name Shall Be Called...

I started this blog so that I could share information and avoid answering the same questions over and over.  So far it's worked really well, but I am getting questions about the baby's name.  Here's the best answer we have: we're 80% sure his name will be Neil Cameron Oliver.  We like the name a lot; it's the favorite of our three options, but we think there might be something better out there that we haven't considered.  And there's always the chance we'll take one look at him and be certain is name is Godric.

80% sure is enough to start calling him Neil but isn't enough to invest in items with the name Neil on them.  I/We have started calling him Neil just to make sure we like it enough to say it all of the time for the rest of our lives.  Every once in a while I still think his name is Miles, but most of the time I'm pretty sure he's Neil.  Most people should be happy with naming him "Neil."  From our Christmas polling, I know that Ashley, Grandma Tanner and Aunt Sandra preferred "Neil."  And really, if those three like it, it's got to be good.

On an unrelated note, the Krusteaz pecan bars are pretty good, but not as magical as the coffee cake.  And they're more work.  You have to cut butter into the crust mix and pre-bake the crust before adding and baking the pecan topping.  I don't like cutting fat into flour.  It's tedious.  It's why I use baking mix instead of making biscuits from scratch.  Though Pioneer baking mix makes better biscuits than I ever made from scratch and waaaaaay better than Bisquick.  I do still have some Bisquick in my pantry for making raspberry oat bars, a bar good all day--breakfast (biscuit mix, oatmeal and raspberry jelly sounds like breakfast to me) to midnight snack.  I'll try to remember to post the recipe.  The recipe does call for cutting butter into Bisquick, but the result is soooo worth it.  Actually, I think Krusteaz makes a raspberry oat bar mix.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment