Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hot Mama...and Daddy!

Our air conditioning is just now fixed.  A maintenance guy just came to look at it and temporarily solved the problem.  I called to report the problem first thing this morning and called again at noon and mentioned I was pregnant, days away from my due date.  I thought that would get me some sympathy, but it didn't.  So I turned on all our ceiling fans and was reasonably comfortable this morning.  This afternoon I went out for an iced coffee with some new friends.  Matt and I ate dinner at the university cafeteria.  The thought of cooking in this heat or even eating in this heat was miserable.  When we got home, we changed into our swimming suits and went to the pool.  Even Matt went swimming this time.  Before we left for the pool, I called the emergency maintenance number and told someone about our lack of air conditioning.  That's how we got someone to come out after 9:00.  It turns out there's something wrong with our thermostat.  It's telling our heater and air conditioner to work at the same time, and the heater is winning.  So they turned off the gas to the heater, and cold air started coming out of the registers.  They're coming back tomorrow to permanently fix the problem. Hurray!  Even without air conditioning, today was better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment