Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Almost the Last Trip to Lebanon

When we got in the car to go to my OB appointment, Matt noted that it would be our last trip to Lebanon save the one when Neil arrives (on his own or by induction), and we rejoiced.  My blood pressure held steady, so we thought we were in the clear.  Then Dr. Ackermann told us he wants us to go to the hospital on Saturday for another Non-Stress Test, no particular reason given except continued vigilance.  Happy birthday to me. :(  Another trip to Lebanon so that we can be hooked up to a fetal monitor that will irritate Neil.  So I've told Neil that if he wants to avoid the monitor, he has to start coming by sometime Saturday morning.  Every time I said the word "monitor," he squirmed or kicked.

I've tried coaxing, letting him know that staying in my uterus is not an option, explaining the consequences of not coming out soon, and warning him about the monitor on Saturday, but Neil doesn't seem to be cooperating.  A few days ago he was sitting low in my pelvis.  Apparently, he's crawled back out again and is lying diagonally across my abdomen.  Peanut M&Ms don't seem to be a solution this time.  If I eat them, he has no incentive to come out.  I told Matt it would be nice if M&Ms in my underwear would lure Neil out, but we don't think that's going to work.  It did make us laugh.  We'll see how desperate I feel Sunday night if Neil hasn't come by then. :)

I've been tired but have tried to stay active.  I've gone swimming every night this week until tonight, when I was very popular and received quite a few phone calls.  I've got some coupons that expire today, so I think I'll go to Walmart in a few minutes to use the best of them.  Walking around Walmart tends to keep me entertained enough that I walk until I feel too crampy.  I tend to equate discomfort with progress, so it will make me feel like I'm closer to going into labor even if I'm not, and it certainly won't hurt anything.

While I'm out I'll probably look for cake or ice cream.  Both have sounded and tasted very good recently.  I was surprised when they told me at the doctor's office that I've lost a pound since Monday.  Since Monday, I've had a party platter of day-old mini butter croissants and four pieces of German Chocolate cake and at least two scoops of Baskin Robbins ice cream.  And that's just a few of my snacks.  Last night I ate two mini pizzas for supper.  They were so good, though.  They were plain cheese pizzas, so I dressed them up: one became pepperoni and mushroom, the other was margherita (fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella).  I made them both at the same time and figured I'd have leftovers for lunch today.  Nope.  I ate them both in one sitting.  They did have veggies on them.  A few hours later I had angel food cake and strawberries for dessert.  I did eat an apple earlier in the day.  I am trying to eat mostly healthy foods, but I'm hungry every couple hours and baked goods always sound yummy.  Neil must be eating really well if I'm not gaining weight.  Maybe that's why he won't come out.  Perhaps I shouldn't get cake or ice cream just in case it's encouraging him to stay inside, certainly not cake or ice cream with peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment