Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fine Bean Plants

On Wednesday, we went to the garden and discovered I've got some good looking green bean and purple hull pea plants.  Everything I planted has sprouted, but the beans look especially healthy.  While we were there, I weeded all my rows and planted a hill of zucchini and one of yellow summer squash.  I think I'm going to plant a little more.  I bought some seeds for acorn squash, some lettuces, and peas.  A fellow gardener needs to thin some carrots and beets, so I want to prepare space to transplant the plants they want to get rid of.

On Thursday morning, I got the rest of the front flower/herb garden dug up.  In a few days, some weeds will probably have sprouted.  Once I've cleaned them out, I think we can plant.  Some of the lettuce seeds I bought are for a reddish-pink lettuce that is pretty enough to plant in a front yard garden.  Lettuce and herbs around some tulip bulbs sounds attractive and convenient.  While we're waiting to plant, we'll get the walkway leveled out and finished.  We still need one more stone.  I'll take pictures when we get the front garden closer to finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment