Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Guess who likes back rubs

If you guessed me, then you're right. But that wouldn't be worth blogging about unless I got a massage, and I didn't. I'm not sure who around here even does prenatal massage. I've never had an real massage, but just having my back rubbed makes me drool and eventually pass out.

If you guessed Elsie, you are also right. For some time she has occasionally surfaced forcefully enough to cause a large, hard bulge on my upper belly, approximately where her back and bottom are. When she's done this in the past, I've rubbed my belly, and she's immediately wiggled into a different, less painful position. But recently she has gotten into that position and stayed there for minutes at a time while I rub the bulge on my belly. I have thought of only two reasons for her to do so. First, perhaps she likes having her back rubbed. Second, perhaps she's obstinate and refuses to move no matter how much I rub my belly. It's times like these that I consider whose child she is when interpreting her actions. :) I've decided she's mine this time. I must say I find the idea of rubbing my daughter's back delightful. She seems to enjoy it, too. She's done it three or four times today.

She's become much more responsive and interactive lately. In addition to the rubbing and shushing to calm her at night and the back rubs when she surfaces, she has also played pat-pat with me a time or two. We played for several minutes while I was at work the other day. I pat-pat-pat my belly, she answers with two taps, and we continue that until she loses interest. Next we'll teach her Morse code so I can blog her dispatches from the womb. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment