Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Beating the Spread

I'm considering a form of Chinese foot binding.  All day yesterday, the bottoms of my feet felt bruised.  Today I the shoes I was wearing yesterday are too tight.  I can hope that my feet are just swollen, but stretching ligaments could explain yesterday's sore feet and today's ill-fitting shoes.  I already have wide feet--short, wide feet.  It runs in the family.  I'm pretty sure that both my dad and grandpa wear EEE shoes that they specially order.  If my feet get wider, I'm going to have cubes at the ends of my legs.

I don't want to buy new shoes.  I like my shoes, and I'm not sure how I will find cute cube-shaped shoes.  I already have trouble wearing fairly high heels because my feet are so short, and my short toes don't peep out of peep-toe shoes.  And totally flat shoes make my calves look chunky.  Of course, cubes for feet will keep people from looking at my calves.  What a silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment