Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

A Long Day, But Good News

Today was our growth ultrasound. Emmie is estimated at 2 lbs., 14 oz. All of her measurements except her head were in the 30's percentile-wise. Her head was in the 5th percentile, but the ultrasound lady didn't think that was accurate. She said that it can be hard to get the head measurements when the baby is head down, which Emmie is. We don't know how much, but we do know that Emmie has hair. Her diaphragm was moving, so she's already practicing her breathing. We got a good profile shot...well, good for an ultrasound. That's what we know about Emmie.

My weight was up a pound or so. My blood pressure was excellent. That's what we know about me. The doctor is satisfied with Emmie's growth. He did say that we make him nervous, and he doesn't like to be nervous. But we're not giving him any reason to be nervous this time.

After the ultrasound and appointment, we went to the hospital for the bloodwork and Rho-gam shot. I had one at 23 weeks, but they only last for 15 weeks, so just in case I go to/past 38 weeks, I needed another one to get me to the end of the pregnancy. We were able to leave the hospital for some supper after the blood draw. Then we went back for the injection. It took a while to get the injection, and then we had to wait 20 minutes to make sure I didn't have a reaction. We didn't get back into Campbellsville until 7:45.

Because Matt wanted to be there for the ultrasound, we left Lucy at Shawn and Susie's house. She was there for 6 hours. So it was a long day for them, too. Lucy didn't mind it. She likes going to their house to play with "her" cat.

Tomorrow is Lucy's check-up. I'll post something about that tomorrow. I wrote a post last week, but it didn't upload, so I'll try it again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment