Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting in the Groove

My cold rewrote my plans for the semester.  I am teaching only one section, and I'm not taking any classes.  I didn't feel well enough to get everything done to sign up for classes.  I ran around campus several times blowing my nose and coughing, and I just eventually gave up.  I think I'm going to enjoy the new schedule.  I'll work every morning at the church.  I'll teach and go to water aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday.  The other afternoons I'll have free to cook, clean, and do things I want to do.  I may finally learn PHP and have time to work on craft projects and practice the piano.

I met with my class for the first time yesterday.  I'm halfway through reading the paragraphs they wrote in class, and I'm pleasantly surprised.  For the most part they're doing a good job of putting ideas together in a logical order.  They need some grammar, diction, and punctuation help, but they're doing well.  I've got some more grading and preparation to do for tomorrow.

My cold is almost well.  I'm still blowing my nose a bit and coughing some, but I'm at 95% now.  By next week I should be completely well.

No comments:

Post a Comment