Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ch-ch-changes

A stuttering theme for all the new things starting in August.  This evening while I was at water aerobics, the chair of the English department called to offer me up to 3 sections of classes to teach.  I'm supposed to call him tomorrow to find out more about class content and times.  The times are important because of my (probable) new part-time job as church secretary at Lowell Avenue Baptist Church.  The office is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., so I'll need to work my teaching schedule around that.  The final decision about hiring me at the church will be made at a business meeting on Wednesday evening, but everyone involved seems to think it's a formality.  I was also reminded recently that I can now take classes for free at Campbellsville University.  I'm looking into a Monday evening Self Defense/Tai Chi class, twice-a-week class piano lessons, and a 3-credit video production class.  If Matt needs me to take his Fantasy class to boost enrollment numbers, I could take that, too.  Matt pointed out that he would have to give me a grade, and I reminded him I'm sleeping with the professor. :)  But since it conflicts with water aerobics, I probably won't take it.  The classes I take will depend on my teaching schedule.  So my fall seems like it will be busy.

While I was at open swim last Thursday, I decided I was ready to really start trying to lose weight.  I've been coasting for almost 4 months and am at pre-pregnancy weight, but pre-pregnancy weight was 30 pounds more than I'm comfortable with.  My job at the church in Madison was pretty stressful for several years, and it added almost 50 pounds.  I'd really like to get back to a comfortable weight.  I've lost a pound since I decided last week to lose weight. Hurray for me!  This morning I did a Bollywood dance program from the fitness channel and was reminded how uncoordinated I am.  It really energized me, though, and I danced and fidgeted around the house all day.  And then I went to water aerobics tonight and stayed an extra hour after class at free swim.  I'm trying to teach myself proper swimming and breathing techniques so that I can swim laps efficiently.  Sometimes I do pretty well, and sometimes I inhale water and stand up sputtering.  My friend Beth used to teach swimming lessons and has offered to help me.  If I can't get the hang of it, I'll take her up on the offer.

I'm also following a fascinating new blog: http://adashofsouthernsass.blogspot.com/.  Ashley started it two days ago.  Ashley keeps me in touch with coolness, has a great sense of humor and sense of style, and tends to get into crazy situations and meet crazy people.  I look forward to reading her blog.  And when I logged on to post this evening, I found out there are all sorts of new features from blogger, so I redecorated my blog.  Even my blog is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment