Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Just Dance!

The baby has been reasonably active recently (though he still calms down when asked).  It probably helps that mommy hasn't laid on his head again.  But I've never felt him as active as when there's a strong drum beat.  I went to an arts fair with Ashley on New Year's Eve and heard two percussion groups.  The African drummers were so loud that I thought I was feeling an echo in my belly.  But it was my son bouncing off the walls and busting a move.  He calmed down for a few hours until the next percussion show we went to.  It wasn't as loud, but the baby went wild.  If he gets fussy after he's born, we may have to take him down the street to the university marching band practice.  Or Aunt Ash may have to make him a mix CD.  He seems to like her R&B/rap-influenced music already.  He may be unimpressed by the electronic lullabies that baby gear and toys play because there's just not enough groove.  I'm not sure if I have my Nitro Praise CD from the 90s anymore, but it would probably work.  I may try blasting some disco music and see how he reacts.  As often as I've danced around to my MP3 player while cleaning, he comes by the boogie impulse honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment