Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Check up results

I went to the doctor Tuesday for a check up and for my 1-hour fasting blood glucose test.  They didn't have test results by the time I left the office, but the lab tech told me "no news was good news" and I haven't heard from them yet.  Uncharacteristically, I'm assuming I don't have gestational diabetes.  The baby's heart rate is good, and my uterus is where it's supposed to be.  My blood pressure was OK, and I've gained 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks.  My next appointment is in early February.  Thereafter, I have to go every two weeks.  One more sign that this labor/delivery/baby thing is getting really serious.

Childbirth classes were rescheduled for this Saturday because of a piddly amount of snow last weekend.  This actually works better for me.  I can get my Rhogam shot while we're at the hospital Saturday instead of making a special trip next week.  I'm not sure if Matt prefers having all-day classes at a hospital half an hour from home on divisional football playoff Saturday (this weekend) instead of wildcard playoff weekend (last weekend).  I won't be asking to stop at Walmart on the way home this time.  It's better for my marriage if I don't. :)  We did stop at Walmart after the appointment Tuesday.  I love the Walmart in Lebanon because they tend to have produce discounted and they always have multiple aisles of clearance.  I got a huge bag of Dole salad for less than $1 and a few optional baby items on clearance: a bottle, a car bottle warmer, and some microwave sanitizer bags.  If I decide I don't really need the optional baby items, I can always return them with a receipt.  They had several other interesting items on clearance, including another breast pump.  I'm hoping I stop by sometime and find they've put a crib and changing table on clearance.  Hoping but not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment