Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 31 Doctor's Appointment

We had a quick appointment today. My weight is the same, and my blood pressure a little higher. Elsie's heartrate was about the same. I asked the doctor if he has any concerns, and he said everything is great. He asked if she's moving OK. I told him she was. In fact she punched the wand the nurse was using to get her heartrate. :) She's kind of feisty sometimes. I don't blame her. The nurse was pressing really hard. If I didn't have more than 30 years of practicing self-control, I might have tried to punch the nurse, too.
From here on out we'll have weekly appointments with ultrasounds. In 6 weeks she will no longer be premature. If she isn't here in 8 weeks, they'll induce. We've got quite a bit of preparation to do, especially on the nursery. I'm hoping to have it ready and our hospital bags packed by the end of August just in case she decides Labor Day is a good day for me to be in labor. It would take incredible timing and an unrealistic prenatal appreciation of wordplay for her to plan it and pull it off. But she's already shown she's got a better concept of time than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment