Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mid-Day of Next Day Update

Today is certainly more restful than yesterday was, but it has still been eventful.

Returning and picking up vehicles this morning went much smoother than what I did yesterday. The guy at Firestone found the source of the stink, and it wasn't the tires. A plastic Wal-Mart bag was melted to the tailpipe. I don't know how it got there, and we'll just have to live with the smell until the plastic burns off. It was actually very fortunate that the bag caused a smell because it drew attention to our threadbare tires. And while the guys were putting on the tires, they saw that we'll need new front brakes in 3,000-5,000 miles, around the time our car reaches 100,000 miles. I don't know anything about maintaining cars, so nothing short of a big stink would have gotten my attention and caused me to look for problems.

When I looked on Facebook this morning, I saw that Emily, a mom friend of mine, had her baby yesterday. Emily's daughter Charlotte is a month or two month younger than Lucy. When Lucy woke up, I was able to show her pictures of "friend Char" and her new baby brother. The first photo was of the baby in the hospital bassinet. Lucy's response was "Me hold baby." She was also interested in the photo of Charlotte meeting the baby and a bit impressed by the idea of big sisters getting gifts. She seems to really be getting into the baby thing.

I feel sore today after my big walk yesterday. Even the soles of my feet are sore. I'll have to keep an eye on the feet so that I can prevent my plantar fasciitis from flaring up. I'm resting and stretching. The pool felt really good today. The water supported me while I stretched in ways that I couldn't out of the water. Emmie seemed to appreciate the stretching, too.

I hope to get a nap this evening and a good night of sleep tonight. And maybe tomorrow will be even less eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment