Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Trying out my new keyboard

A couple weeks ago Amazon ran a good deal on Kindle Fire HDs. We already had a Kindle Fire that we love, but we love it so much that we'd be really sad if it broke and we didn't have a ready replacement. And the Kindle Fire HD has some features that are really nice. One of them is a webcam that can take pictures. I'm thinking that will be the quickest way to send out a first photo of the daughter soon-to-be formerly (hopefully) known as Elsie. As long as we have wifi at the hospital, we should be able to email it right away instead of taking a picture with our digital camera, uploading it to a laptop, and then emailing it. I tried it out by sending a photo of myself to Matt. It worked very easily. Unforrtunately, the photo could have been interpreted as more sexy than it was intended to be (which was not at all), and I had sent it to his work email. Sure I was photographing myself in bed, but it was a head and should shot. I hadn't noticed that the straps of my stretched out Wal-Mart clearance sundress that I wear as a nightgown had fallen off my shoulders, making me appear nude. Oh well, we get our excitement where we can. :) Another great feature of the Kindle Fire HD is that it is Bluetooth enabled, which means that I can use a Bluetooth keyboard with the tablet, which I am doing right now. Now I can blog on the go without my laptop. It was a pain trying to use the on-screen keyboard on our old Kindle Fire to blog. This new keyboard and tablet set up is pretty spiffy.

Our weekend has been pretty low-key. We've slept a lot and cleaned a bit and finished a few more projects on our list. Elsie has shown no signs that she intends to arrive before Monday. She has dropped enough that my upper stretch marks are no longer stretching. But she seems pretty happy where she is. I've been giving her rubs and bath-time water massages while I still can. I guess I can't blame her for staying put when I'm offering spa services like those. She's been pretty insistent about those back rubs recently. I had trouble getting much done at work one morning because she kept surfacing so forcefully that I couldn't ignore her. And this morning in the bathtub I was pouring water on my belly (her water massage) for a while and then stopped. She started bumping my belly where I had been pouring the water to remind me that's what I was supposed to be doing. She's a girl who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it.

We're by no means completely prepared for her arrival, but we're ready enough. Now that the lamp with dimmer switch is installed and the bouncy seat cover has been laundered, the nursery is ready. Most of the house is liveable rather than a total wreck. Matt and I both left work late on Friday because we were leaving things in good shape while we're away. Matt's taking a week off. The church OKed six weeks of leave for me, although if it turned out that I needed a little more because of a slow recovery, I'm pretty sure they'd work with me. They've been very supportive and remarkably good at going Mongolian. They also asked if they can throw a baby shower after the baby arrives. I'm very blessed to be employed by Lowell Avenue Baptist Church.

If Elsie doesn't surprise us tomorrow, we'll go to church and finish up a few more projects and finish packing our hospital bags. And I'll get to go swimming one last time. That's not one last time ever but possibly for the semester. The pool will close in early December, and I'm not sure I'm allowed to swim until my appointment in November, and the pool hours aren't great for me, and I'll be a little busy. Next semester, however, I'll be there whenever possible. I may even be able to take the baby along with Matt's help. She already has a swimming suit and swim diapers and a footed terry cloth outfit for post-pool.

Oh yeah! I meant to share that I've got a Wal-Mart registry now. When Lowell Ave. asked to throw a shower, I figured I needed to make a registry that people could use in a readily-available store, and I added everything I could think we could possibly need in the next year to it. You can look it up under my name or Matt's either online or in-store. It's also not a bad idea to give Amazon gift cards. Right now anything left on our registy is 10% off if we buy it. I've said before that we don't need a lot, and we don't. The Wal-Mart registry has lots of diapers and sheets and wipes and stuff we won't need for a little while like an exersaucer and potty chair. I have added some larger sized clothes (we still don't need newborn or 0-3 month clothes) and a few books and some slightly older toys. So there are more options on it than on the Amazon registry.

Well, that was certainly more than I meant to post when I started. This keyboard really is amazing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment