Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

We're having a boy!

I meant to call family to tell them, but I was so exhausted after my appointment that I slept all afternoon.  The baby is healthy and the right size and active and male.  They estimate he weighs 12 ounces.  His heart rate was higher than it has been (camera anxiety?) but not dangerous.  My blood pressure was down this month (123/86).  Perhaps Luther Memorial really was raising my blood pressure.  I've gained three pounds since last month.  Apparently, the post-Thanksgiving weigh-in I did at home was water weight or something else temporary.  I figure that even if I gain a pound a week for the rest of the pregnancy, I'll be within a healthy range.  I'm still wearing my normal clothes but will probably need my maternity jeans by Christmas.  I think I felt him move this morning, but they said that the location of the placenta may prevent me from feeling movement as soon as I otherwise might.  Right now, he's still just "him" because we don't have a name for him yet.  Names under consideration include Neal, Graham, Miles, Cameron and Nelson.  Feedback on names is welcome but may be completely ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment