Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

No substitute left behind

I did some research, and Kentucky certifies only substitutes who have degrees in education.  If you don't have a degree in education, you can get emergency certification if you have any 4-year degree.  But you aren't at the top of anyone's call list, and you make less money.  In Campbellsville, I would make $53 for a full day of substituting.  I made almost twice that in Springfield!  I'm not sure it's worth buying work-appropriate maternity clothes to make about $7 an hour.  If we really, really need the money and nothing else pans out, I'll look into it again.  But it's not as good as an option as I'd hoped.  I would think that being qualified to teach college English courses would make me worth more than $53 a day as an English substitute.

So I'll put my effort into my resume.  I'd rather build a website than substitute teach anyway.  I really just need something flexible to do until I can start adjunct teaching next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment