Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm still pregnant

For several days, I have had a fear in the back of my mind that maybe I was carrying a dead baby.  I don't FEEL pregnant.  I'm still wearing my own clothes, and I've lost half a pound since my last appointment.  No baby movement yet. And my body and mood are no weirder than normal.  But there is still a heartbeat in my abdomen, so everything's OK.
I was able to combine the next appointment with my ultrasound, but it will have to be after Thanksgiving.  I was hoping to know the sex of my child by Thanksgiving, but oh well.  In many ways it doesn't matter.  The furnishings and gear we like are gender-neutral.  I've already bought a couple of dinosaur onesies and a space-themed pair of pajamas for him/her.  The child may eventually prefer tiaras and boas, but at first s/he will wear dinosaurs and planets.  The heart rate was 156, so I still hold out some hope that the child is female.  Otherwise, he would be a boy putting on the affect of femininity.  Tiaras and boas, here he comes!  :)
My blood pressure was still high.  The first two tries were alarmingly high: 149/95.  The last one was what it has been the last few visits: 135/85.  My blood work confirmed I'm still A-, so I've got injections in my future.  They gave me a seasonal and an H1N1 flu shot, too.
Matt was able to come with me this time.  It wasn't a terribly exciting appointment.  The next one should be better.  At least he brought a book. :)
We did have fun after the appointment.  We bought groceries and went to Walgreen's.  Then we ate KFC!  (There's not a KFC in Campbellsville.)
My day started early because I had true bad dreams about church camp.  My first experience was pretty horrible, and yet I went back.
Since I was up early, I cleaned the kitchen a little.  And as soon as Matt got out of bed, I made the bed, something I haven't bothered to do in years.  I think I was proving that I was still the tidy girl I was my first week of camp.  My husband probably wishes I was that tidy everyday.
My cold is finally better.  I tried singing this morning with my mp3 player as I was cleaning.  My voice is still raspy and cuts out on the higher notes.  I typically have trouble with the lower notes of Leona Lewis' "Better in Time," but I hit those just fine.  My mind and body acted like I could hit the higher notes I usually hit, but no sound came out.  I was like a skipping record/cd.  I haven't tried screaming since I saw the mutant cricket who died trying to get into the washing machine, but I kind of doubt my screamer is working.  If I lived in a scary town, I'd need to buy a whistle to alert people to my need for help.  My "woo-hoos" are a little puny still, but they're making progress.
Overall, it was a good day: singing, dancing, cleaning, peeing in a cup (urine tests give me test anxiety), getting shots, buying groceries, eating yummy chicken strips with mashed potatoes and coleslaw and a biscuit with honey.  No wonder I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment