Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Cold that Just Wouldn't Quit

This is not an inspirational story about the little virus that could.  About 2 weeks ago I came down with a cold.  It went through it's normal progression of runny nose to stuffy nose to chest congestion to productive cough.  But the cough and the runny nose just won't give it up and completely let go.  I'm much, much better but still occasionally see thick, clear mucous in my Kleenex after I blow my nose or cough something up.  And I just don't feel "well" yet.  I keep hoping that consistent antidepressants, fluids and rest will take care of it.  If I'm not better by my OB appointment next week, I'll ask what I can do to finally defeat the evil little thing inside me that has taken over my body. ...  To clarify, that would be the virus, not the baby, I'm hoping to defeat.  I am assuming that the baby, despite original sin, is good. Though there's nothing like reading books about the Enlightenment, especially the French Revolution, to bolster your belief in original sin over Rousseau's ideas about innate human goodness, but that's another post for another time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment