Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

You call that a Penney's!?!

After my barbecue post, it will seem like I'm really disappointed with Campbellsville.  My problem is that I tend to have overly high expectations.  And the things that disappoint me are pretty trivial: restaurants and stores.

While Matt was at the movie theater yesterday, I checked out the long strip mall with a Maurice's, Cato's, J.C. Penney's, and a couple of shoe stores.  I figured that would keep me busy for a couple of hours.  I would have been right if the J.C. Penney's had not been pocket sized.  I estimate that I could walk from the front to the back of the store in 25 steps or less.  I could have tried on every item in the plus size section, one of every color not just every style, in about 15 minutes.  I remember going to the J.C. Penney's in Camden, Arkansas, when visiting my grandparents for Christmas and thinking, "This is smallest J.C. Penney's in the world."  I was soooo wrong.

Goody's opens Sept. 17, so I'm hoping it's bigger and better.  Otherwise, my clothing options are Walmart and Cato's or a trip to Elizabethtown (45 minutes away) or Louisville (1.5 hours away).  At least by working from home, I don't need as many clothes. I can wear sweat pants and t-shirts almost every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment