Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

My New Kentucky Home



I took some pictures of our new rental house shortly after we arrived in the early morning of Friday, August 14.  Our house is white, not pinkish.  That's the sunrise reflecting off the house. :)

We're across the street from the university tennis courts, which is kind of handy if you play tennis. We just occasionally try to play tennis and do it very badly. Unfortunately, the lights on the tennis court are very bright and nearly light the entire interior of our house with a warm fluorescent glow when they are on.

I don't have photos yet, but we have a back deck and a kind of trellis pagoda structure that we will try to put a temporary roof on so that we can store my bike and the lawn mower under it. I have grand plans for an airy white woven roof, but we'll see what I can find the materials and skill to pull off.

I took pictures of the inside, too.  But I'll wait to show those until after we've finished unpacking a little more so that I can share before and after photos - so Trading Spaces of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment