Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Health Update

Maggie is sleeping on my lap, but I have one hand free, so I'll try to write a little.

My gallbladder was removed two weeks ago. I'm healing well and feeling good. Thank you to mom and Ashley for coming to help. And thank you to grandma for sending the food I was craving. I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon on Monday. Hopefully, I never have another digestive episode ever again.

Maggie was sick right before my surgery. She had a rash, body aches, and sore throat but no fever. Then almost her entire body peeled. It was scary enough that I took her to urgent care and then to the pediatrician a few days later. Strep test was negative; otherwise, it acted a lot like scarlet fever. Fortunately, she's better. Just a little clingy and cranky today. We all have those days.

Lucy seems to have her own allergy cough, mostly at night. More than once she's coughed so hard that she's vomited. I had been giving her Benedryl but switched to Zyrtec three days ago. It's a little better. I'm also doing the vapor rub and sock treatment to her feet and running the humidifier. I've offered honey and cough drops, but she refuses those. I hope we can get it under control. It's messing with our sleep.

Matt's cough is a little better with Flonase.




No comments:

Post a Comment