Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Found'em!

Fact #1: I have been naming body parts for Lucy for months, and I've tried to get her to point to her nose or mouth or eyes, but she's never been interested in demonstrating her knowledge of anatomy.

Fact #2: Lucy's hair is now long enough that it covers her face if it's not pulled back.

This morning, instead of putting Lucy's hair in a ponytail, I used a barette. Eventually, the barette fell out. When I saw her face was covered with hair, I said, "Your hair fell down. Where are your eyes?" She ran up to me, pointed at her eyes and said "eyes." I hugged her and laughed in delight. Matt was there to witness it, too. I've now started to wonder if she wouldn't point to her nose when I've asked in the past because it wasn't hidden and didn't need to be found. If a body part really needs to be found, however, she'll find it.

Her other cuteness today was calling a puzzle a "puzzuzzle." She was repeating what I said and not using the word for herself, but now  know she knows how to say it. She already knew what the word meant, so now she's all set to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment