Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nose Herpes: Just Another Excuse to Accessorize

Two days ago I thought I had a pimple.  It turned out to be the first blister of a herpes outbreak on the tip of my nose.  The nose photo is from this morning, after about 18 hours of treatment.

I'm very paranoid about spreading the herpes.  This outbreak on a part of my body that has never been affected before substantiates my fear.  So last night I was concerned about accidentally wiping herpes on my pillow case in my sleep and spreading it to my cheek or ear or chin.  So Matt and I put a bandage over it, which kept both the herpes and the acyclovir cream on my nose.  Normally, I take antiviral pills when I get an outbreak, but since I'm pregnant the doctor prefers spot treating with antiviral cream.  The bandage stayed on all night, which helped me sleep better because I didn't fear reinfecting myself.  And it definitely make's a fashion statement: somewhere between a beak and bandanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment