Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

You take the nostrils. I'll take the tub.

We had quite a morning yesterday. I was feeding Lucy our normal yogurt breakfast when she threw herself toward a large spoonful and filled her nostrils with yogurt. I grabbed a bulb syringe quickly to open her airways and wiped quite a bit from her face, but I just couldn't get it all. She was a mess, so I decided to give her a quick bath. Just a few minutes into her bath, she pooped in the tub for the first time in her entire life. And she did a good job of it. Eventually, I got the yogurt off one end and the poop off the other, put her in a clean diaper, and took her and some q-tips to Matt, who was sleeping. I told him that I needed him to clean the last bits of dried yogurt out of her nostrils while I disinfected Rick & Cathy's tub. When I got done and went to see how the yogurt removal was going, Matt told me that he had to hold Lucy kind of upside-down to get at her nostrils, and she spit up. It was a rough morning for all of us. I guess some days are just like that: not fun in the moment and yet you know it will make a good story later.

No comments:

Post a Comment