Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Stormy Weather

This is just a note to friends and family to let you know that serious storms are headed for central Kentucky and are a threat until at least 8:00 p.m. I'm getting the basement prepped in case we need to spend some time down there. I'll have my cell phone and will post to Facebook or Twitter late tonight to let you know we're OK even if we lose electricity. Posting online will get the message out and save minutes and battery life on my phone.

I'm hoping that I'm overreacting, but I've been hearing dire warnings all day and feel the need to prepare just in case. And I know that if some family members watch the weather or news, they will get worried, and I want to assure you I'm prepared and have a plan for putting your minds at ease. Prayers for us and for the entire region are appreciated.

Now I've got to gather a bag of snacks for the basement, make sure our radio has batteries, gather flashlights and candles, and a make a few other wise inclement weather preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment