Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Semester Complete!

I just turned in grades for my class, so I am officially done for the semester.  I tried some new things and some of them worked.  I still wasn't satisfied with their overall progress, and despite my generous grading, only a third passed again this semester.  I asked my students what worked and didn't work this semester. Overwhelmingly, they thought I should have given more homework. So since only a third are going to pass whether I'm hard or easy on them and since students have told me they want more homework, I'm going to push my students harder in the future.  At least the third who pass will be well prepared.

And now that the semester is over, I have a bad cold.  This time Matt gave me the cold instead of the other way around. He had an allergy cough for a few weeks that turned into a cold cough a few days ago.  I wish he had kept it to himself.  It went from throat tickle to full blown chest congestion in less than 36 hours. I'm feeling a little better today than I felt yesterday, but better is still really bad.

I've started some gardening and will have pictures soon.  Matt will teach summer school in June.  I've got all sorts of ideas for teaching in the fall and a whole summer to make plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment